A healthy sandwich recipe with some easy steps usually we have an issue early in the morning what healthy and tasty food we can cook for our family in few minutes. So here’s such a recipe.
INGREDIENTS (1 CUP=250 ML):-
- 6 potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 2 tablespoon capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon carrot (finely chopped)
- 1-½ tablespoon onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes (finely chopped) – optional, unless you want to make it tangy
- ½ tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon chat masala powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 4 blocks of cheddar cheese – grated
- Salt as per taste
- 12 slices of bread (white or brown)
- Butter or ghee for cooking
Masala/Sandwich filling :
- Take a medium sized container and put mashed boiled potatoes.
- Then add 2 tbsp of capsicum, 2 tbsp of carrot, 1-½ tbsp onion and mix it.
- Now add ½ tbsp of red chili powder (you can use chili flakes with some herbs), 1 tbsp of chat masala, salt as per taste and mix properly.
- You may use some Tomatoes if you like, but I prefer not to.
- Heat the pan (tawa) on low to medium flame
- Now take a slice of bread and put some ghee or butter on it.
- In this slice spread the aloo masala.
- Put some grated cheese on it and black pepper powder.
- Cover it with another slice of bread while putting some ghee or butter inside (you may avoid putting it inside if you are health conscious).
- Roast the sandwich on both sides so that it becomes crispy.
- Cut it into two halves.
- Serve hot